- Log-in to Splice.com and sync your Construction Kit 2 Project to your account if you have not already done so.
- In the “Collaborators” tab of the Project, search for user “Music295.ConstructionKit2@gmail.com”.
- Collaborate your Project with that user.
A. Hardware & Software:
You MUST use the following:
- Ableton Live/Suite 9
- APC40II MIDI Performance Controller
- MPK61 Keyboard Controller
B. DUE DATE:
- Complete your Construction Kit #2 & submit between Wednesday, April 27th and Friday, April 29th, 2016
- Perform and save a performance in arrangement view
- You must submit 1 minute of musical material
C. Structural Organization:
- DIY: Determine your own structure for Construction Kit 2, either more traditionally related to the genre you are using, or a more individualistic and experimental approach.
- Genre: Your may continue your material from Construction Kit 1 OR start a new piece in a broken beat or hybrid genre.
- Rhythmic Cycles: Use rhythmic cycle techniques of your own design with some turnaround points featuring subtractive fills, sound switch-up’s, fills, and SFX.
- Filtering: should be the primary component in which you change the texture and colors of your sections.
- Syncopation Treatments: Use some of the standard syncopation treatments, OR design and implement your own syncopation motives.
D. Required Material:
- 25% may be material that you digitize and quote in your piece.
- 75% must be original.
- Use of Audio Effects: Use at least 3 of the following – Simple Delay, Ping Pong Delay, Reverb, Auto Pan, Chorus, Flanger, Beat Repeat.
- Use of Filtering Effects: Use at least 3 of the following – EQ 8, Filter Delay, Auto Filter, Resonators, Vocoder.
- Use at least two of the following synthesizers/samplers: Analog, Simpler, Operator, Sampler.
- Use either Impulse or Drum Rack or both.
- Optional – Use of distortion or production effects.